Monday, June 7, 2010

Capture the hearts of my children; Make them wholly Yours!

I'm awake because of a dream. I dream a lot these days - and a theme throughout is the safety of my children. Tonight it was a scene of war. My children were on the front lines. I left them there with my sister and I ran [in a dress] back to greet my husband who was arriving on the scene. As Ron and I approached where the children were, we could tell that Krista was distressed over the safety of one of them (I don't know which one).

At this point I wake up and wonder about the future of our home & country. We have many enemies. Will my children grow up knowing America as a peaceful place to live? Will war spill onto our soil, happen in front of our eyes? Should we move away from the city, to the country, with a garden and guns? Where is the 'safest' place to live?

The safest place to live is in the hands of and near the heart of God. Leslie, do not lose sleep tonight worrying about the physical safety of your children. Instead, pray... just like you breathe... that these beautiful children (John Chase, Noah, Jillian) would belong to God! God, please capture the hearts of my children! Make them wholly YOURS! And tomorrow when the sun is up and we begin our day... and throughout our days... help me to hold out before them the excellencies of Christ... so they hear and KNOW of Your beauty and love! Father, please help our family to make our home in Your hands and near Your heart!



You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid I will trust in You.
I will trust in You
Let the weak say I am strong
in the strength of the Lord
I will trust in You
---
Psalm 91

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you make the Most High your dwelling -
even the Lord, who is my refuge -
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

"Because he loves me," says the Lord,
"I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Father, please capture the hearts of my children; Make them wholly Yours!

2 comments:

  1. p.s. We may still move our family to the country one day with a garden, guns, and a chicken coup.

    ReplyDelete