Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Emerging - Holding onto Truth

I feel like I'm emerging from a 2 week (or longer) bout with fear/anxiety/stress. It started with a sore on Jillian's skin followed by a prescription for antibiotics, sore on my skin, concerns over Noah's speech, a strange encounter with a man at a yard sale, dark dreams, a piece of wood getting stuck in Noah's foot, immunization decisions, etc. I had a haunting in my gut that something bad was about to happen to me or my children. Spiritual warfare? Lack of faith? Stress? I don't know what to attribute it all to, but I'm thankful that I'm starting to breathe again.

Along the way, friends and family have been throwing me ropes of truth. Ron reminded me on multiple occassions that these children belong to the Lord. HE loves them more than we do, and He knows the purposes for which He created them, placed them in our family, etc. Eunhee and my mom shared passages of Scripture with me. Thank you, Lord, for using people to encourage me with Your consolations... that quiet, comfort and delight my soul!

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:4-5

All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16

Samson went down to Timnah and saw there a young Philistine woman. When he returned, he said to his father and mother, 'I have seen a Philistine woman in Timnah; now get her for me as my wife.' His father and mother replied, 'Isn't there an acceptable woman among your relatives or among all our people? Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?' But Samson said to his father, 'Get her for me. She's the right one for me.' * (His parents did not know that his was from the LORD, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.) Judges 14:1-4

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:28-31

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Praise the Lord! For He has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:6-7

It was also brought to my attention that I need an outlet. Hello, blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love blogging :) and as another outlet, you could create stuff, like scrapbooks...i vaguely remember you last spring at my house???? I'm going to have another one next week or the following sometime ;) you should come! creating stuff, and remembering little memories with the kids really helps me with stress too :) yay another blog to follow of a fun friend!

    ReplyDelete