Saturday, June 5, 2010

Please help end a marital dispute

We don't have a garage. So everytime it rains (or most evenings before bed), I'm running around the yard and driveway grabbing millions of bikes, helmets, toys and sometimes strollers and throwing them into the side & back doors of my minivan (the make-shift garage). Have I mentioned that I LOVE my Honda Odyssey (which I resisited getting for years because I saw myself as an "SUV girl" - scoff.)? Then, the next time we need to go anywhere, all 3 children and I have to CLIMB OVER all of the gear in the van... or unload it all out onto the side of the driveway again.

Onto the marital dispute... I want a shed at/on the end of the driveway to house all of the stuff. Ron likes one. I like another. And both of us are a little concerned that it's hick to put a shed at the end of our driveway. (Ron is more concerned about this than I am because I'm just ready for a solution!)

So, if you see this, would you please vote and/or comment? (And Mitch Copenhaver, I hope you're reading this, because Ron especially values your opinion.) I won't tell you who likes which one (but I bet you'll be able to guess). :-)

shed one (see below):


shed two (see below, painted to match house):

Our house:



8 comments:

  1. Shed #2 is cute (for a shed)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. additl. info.: The house picture leslie put doesn't really show driveway. Note, shed will be about 10 feet away on the side of the house. Shed 1 is 8x8. and shed 2 is 8 x 12... Thanks for voting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote #2 , it's way cuter! (and that's the most important detail for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a clarification... neither Ron or I think sheds, in general, are hicksh. We just weren't sure about putting one on the end of our driveway (where a garage or carport would go). And thank you, everyone, for your input! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think either is "hickish" ;) I think it would be a lifesaver for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, the lovely lady who introduced me to the idea/possibility of polls on blogs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like shed #2. It doesn't matter where it is as long as it is convenient for you and the kids. Those sheds look portable, so they can always be moved later.

    ReplyDelete